[Amps] T/R schemes in Homebrew Amps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] T/R schemes in Homebrew Amps
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 16:59:20 +0200 (CEST)
I don't have QSK on my transceiver, so an open frame relay is good enough for
me. With three sets of contacts, one set can be arranged for controlling the
amp so that the relay has to be hard over before the amp can start.
Additionally, I use energise to receive: this means that the antenna is
connected to the amplifier when the equipment is off, which offers a measure of
protection against lightning - which is nowhere near as bad here as in most of
the US.

73
Peter G3RZP