Re: [Amps] Thoughts after a weekend with my SB-200 during CQWW SSB

To: km1h@jeremy.mv.com, w5cpt@bellsouth.net, Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Thoughts after a weekend with my SB-200 during CQWW SSB
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:36:35 EDT

:

I am
> running about 50 to 70 watts during tune. I did crank the radio back  up to
> 100 watts when I noticed that the GRID CURRENT (I leave the  meter switch
> in that position since I think it is the greatest  indicator of how I can

THIS IS A MISTAKE IN TUNING!!!!!    If you increase the  drive, you must go
back and touch up the load and tune once again, that will  re-stabilize the
grid current.  You should not "load" to 70 watts and then  crank up to 100
watts
without "loading" at 100 watts.  Of course the grid  drive will go up!!  Lou