Re: [Amps] Testing 8874s

To: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>,"Steve Thompson" <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Testing 8874s
From: "Barrie Smith" <barrie@centric.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 10:18:09 -0700

> Highpot wouldnt hurt. I didnt mention it since it is not a common ham
shack
> item. The one I built around a sign transformer goes up to 13 kV.
>
> Carl
> KM1H

I have a high-pot tester that I've used for testing vacuum caps.  I'd like
to use it to test various, mostly glass, tubes, as well.  However, I don't
have a clue as to what the voltage used should be, nor what would be
acceptable leakage; or, between which electrodes.

I've googled for information, but have come up short.

Are there any rough guidlines for hipoting glass transmitting tubes?

Barrie, W7ALW