[Amps] Blocking capacity identity?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Blocking capacity identity?
From: "John E. Cleeve" <g3jvc@jcleeve.idps.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 12:14:13 -0000
Following the blocking capacitor thread, I wonder if any one can specify the
RF current capability of a large ceramic disc capacitor that I have. The
ceramic form colour is light brown, the dimensions are 3 inches in diameter,
and 0.75 inches thick. The metal disc on either side is 2.25 inches in
diameter, and silver plated. The fixing is by a 2BA threaded hole at the
centre of each disc. There is no manufacturers name (but possibly Plessey),
but there is a cat/part number printed on the edge of the ceramic form,
which is 110-0551, the capacity is printed as 2000pf + 40-20%, the voltage
rating is 12kv, another number, 612, is shown adjacent to the voltage
rating. The original source of this component was KW Electronics in the UK,
and it was used in their commercial transmitter construction.  I purchased
the capacitor as a "useful" component many years ago, when they had their
closing down sale. I would be most grateful for any information that may be
forthcoming...regards, John. G3JVC.