[Amps] Vertex_Yaesu Merger

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Vertex_Yaesu Merger
From: Dennis W0JX <w0jx@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 18:15:47 -0800 (PST)
If this merger goes through, it will be the end of Yaesu as we know it. I know
many hams who work for Motorola in Illinois. Employees are generally
demoralized from cut after cut. Just look at Motorola stock and the company's
latest quarterly results.

  CEO Zander blew a big lead in the cellphone business and has had to fight to
keep his job. I'm afraid the the Amateur Radio end of the business will be of
little interest  to Motorola since it is not a high margin business.It will
either be closed down or ignored to place attention on other business
priorities. Not good for us long-time Yaesu fans (FT-1000MP MKV Field,
  FT901 DM)

  73, Dennis W0JX