[Amps] STORNO, et al

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] STORNO, et al
From: WarrenWolff@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 12:19:31 EST
As Lockheed Senior Program Manager for the Kuwait Secure  Mobile
Radiotelephone System, I delivered a quarter million dollars worth of  STORNO
UHF
handhelds to the Ministry.  The Ministry performed a test of a  plethora of
radios by
burying them in the hot sand for a few weeks.  When  they dug them up, only
the STORNO units worked!  That was THEIR selection  process.

Another company provided the automobile mobiles; that was  AEROTRON.  They
were bought out by someone not too far past that  time.  Base stations
colocated
with the microwave sites were from  QUINTRON.

I "think" Saddam stole all of it when he invaded.  Does  anyone know what
happened to all the microwave sites we distributed all over  Kuwait?  I have
tried to see the towers on GOOGLE EARTH to no  avail.

Warren; W7WY