[Amps] Alpha 87A faults

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 87A faults
From: "Paul Young" <paul@g0hwc.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 17:54:21 -0000
Hi all,
        I just got a 2nd hand Alpha 87a as "dead"
I got the reset info from Alpha and did the full reset to allow me to power the
unit up.
It came up with a fault 37 (band switch not moving), after checking this and
giving the bandswitch
a turn both ways, this now seems to be OK.
Now amp turns on, after 3mins the (wait) let goes off and within 5 mins i keep
getting
fault 24 (System voltage fault. High voltage, 1/-15 volts, or -109 volts below
safe operating )

To this time I have never TX'ed the amp.

Paul G0HWC

Check out my website  www.g0hwc.com