Re: [Amps] High voltage

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] High voltage
From: JMLTINC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 11:55:09 EST
>>Also several 60-70's muscle cars are bringing more than any stock  Deuce.
I would expect any 60-70's muscle car brings more money fully  stock than
modified (unless you are looking to go racing out of the box).

BTW, this whole thread started with the question:
>>>I need to replace the two high voltage rectifiers in a Henry  3K. The
parts list says 1.2 amps at 15 KV.

Can anyone give me more  info on these, or suggest a supplier, can these
be reliably made with a  string of diodes?

He first asked for a supplier. Then asked about  using a string of diodes. I
inferred "a string of diodes" and not an  encapsulated unit. A string of
diodes hanging on Plexiglas inside a Henry 3K is  definitely butchery IMO.
Encapsulating into epoxy may be an option, but  definitely not my first choice
in this
particular model amplifier. Saving $70 on  a multi-thousand dollar amplifier
does seem equitable.

And, don't get me wrong. The 3K has it's failings. Mine is modded  with 2 x
6A10 back to back on the meter and at the B-  safety resistor. The  lousy
3CX1200 is not enough tube to take out the HV supply, but a glitch can  sure
take
out the meters with the wimpy stock safety diodes.

Some are purists, some like to put the apron on. Whatever makes you  happy.

Enjoy Christmas!

-J