Re: [Amps] 2x813 or 2x3-500zg ?

To: "Mike Bondarev" <mikebond@mosfirm.ru>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 2x813 or 2x3-500zg ?
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 08:36:44 -0500
The 813 is almost a 70 year old design yet it is still one of the best tubes
ever made.

Brand new US military surplus ones are on Ebay on a regular basis and at
very low prices. No matching is required. I recently bought 4 813's and
sockets off Ebay for around $80 for all. These are for an AM amplifier.

In GG service the 813 IMD is in the -33dB range according to published info
making it a very clean performer.

My regular SSB/CW HF amp uses 3-500Z's and they are also an excellent tube.

Carl
KM1H