Re: [Amps] Tank circuit arcing

To: John Becker <johnb3030@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tank circuit arcing
From: Scott McGrath <mcgrath@fas.harvard.edu>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 13:12:41 -0500
The insulating coatings suggested are not going to solve the primary
issue which is high RF voltages developed in the tank circuit.
since you are running out of inductance that suggests that the amp's
tank is not designed to support 12m operation and since 12M was
not even allocated when the amp was built any 12M operation is a
bonus.   You might want to contact Henry Radio about suggested
modifications as they still support their old amps even though they do
not build them any longer.

The arcing is eventually going to blow expensive components like
bandswitches, tubes and caps