Re: [Amps] Step start

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Step start
From: "Han Higasa" <higasa@plum.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 10:12:09 +0900
GM all

As Steve told whatever loop (open or closed) has been chosen
a situation where a relay contact will not close and inrush-current
limitation resistor R will never be shorten can happen.

To address this a "step-start duration" timer should be added;
and to monitor this a "step start duration timer" timer should also be?

Instead, robust R and an operator can do this by  perceiving
"it takes too long and the step-start never lasts"

I am using a 30-ohm 100-W resistor for the R now.
I think I should disconnect my step-start delay timer and measure
the voltage across R in time elapsed, to make sure the R will not
barn out.

Thanks, de Han JE1BMJ