Re: [Amps] Silver

Subject: Re: [Amps] Silver
From: Larry <larry@w7iuv.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:12:28 -0800
Thanks to all those who responded with suggestions.

Photo Shop is probably the best answer, but since I have no artistic
ability at all, is not an option.

Two bottles of Tarn-x were purchased (expensive!) and that wasn't even
enough to "dip" my parts and cover them.

Tried the water/salt/aluminum foil suggestion and it did not work at
all. Not even a trace of cleaning action. Maybe it was because I ran out
of salt before I got to a saturated solution. Will try this again after
another trip to the grocery store.

The Tarn-x does clean the silver plated coil but it takes considerable
rubbing. No way I'm gonna sit here for hours and swab the insides of
that edge wound inductor! I dipped it and it is a bit cleaner than it
was but not "bright" by any means.

I'll amend this post if I make any additional progress.

73, Larry

Larry - W7IUV
DN07dg
http://w7iuv.com