Re: [Amps] Anyone heard of a Delcon T210 amp?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Anyone heard of a Delcon T210 amp?
From: AB5MM <ab5mm@9plus.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 12:56:52 -0600
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 18:39:10 -0500
From: "F. Veitch" <fletchv3@comcast.net>
Subject: [Amps] Anyone heard of a Delcon T210 amp?
To: <amps@contesting.com>

This is an older amplifier, 3.5 to 30 MHz using 3 by 4CX-250Bs in parallel.
Nicely built with vacuum variables for Tune and Load.  Matching external
Power Supply provides 2300 VDC at 500 mA.  Has anyone ever heard of this
thing or can they provide any information on it?  It almost looks like it
was mil-spec construction from the mid 60s.

Any comments appreciated
Fletch
K3JYD
FM-18pl

 I first saw the amp at many "ARMY MARS" stations, circa 1969/70 in Vietnam.
I'm sure they arrived there before I did, because some of them looked like they
had been around awhile. I purchased one in 87 and found it to be very reliable
for its design era. (late 50's - early 60's) Other than the normal things that
fail in this old of a tetrode amplifier, I found that the fan/blower to be
woefully inadequate to cool the tubes in anything above 60/70% power output.
Due to the design of the grid enclosure and the basic layout of sockets, one of
the tubes gets less air resulting in much higher operating temperature. Adding
a blower about twice the cfm of the original, will solve this problem. All in
all, I'd say it's a great ol'amp. If weight is any indication of longevity...
the T210 will be around forever!

Steve
AB5MM