Re: [Amps] #10 Teflon Needed

To: jeremy-ca <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, Amps Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] #10 Teflon Needed
From: schuetzen <chasm@texas.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 11:46:33 -0600
jeremy-ca wrote:
> Huh?
>
> What does #10 wire have to do with a SB-220 which has 8 filter caps BTW??
>
> You lost me somewhere.
>
> Carl
> KM1H

I guess that I never posted my thread to this list about my fully
modded amp which HUMMMMMMSSS  LOUDLY! when I switch it from CW to
SSB.???  pegs the meter on HV, runs 2.9 on CW.

iow, I have the Peter Dahl El GRANDE!!!  transformer apparently which
came with this harbach/measures upgraded amp.  Two more caps should
pull it down so that the meter will work. or so I have been told
although it makes little sense why it should.  however, I assume that
the tubes will handle 2200 watts???  right now, on 75m, I can tune
into my Cobra Sr on CW with about 1300-1400 watts.

I have a set of new caps which are the little oil cans which i need to
glue to some thin wood and then wire them together.  not sure what
kind of wire i need though.  I am such a dweeb when it comes to this
considering I built a few kits when i was a 10 yr old kid.

any suggestion for the wire?  source?

thanks
chas
k5dam