Re: [Amps] Warrior power amplifier

To: <jtml@vla.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Warrior power amplifier
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 20:33:35 -0500
I forgot to mention that the 811A and 572B quit being zero bias above 1250V
for the 811A and around 1500V for the 572B. In the SB-200 the operating grid
voltage is around -3V, when that bias is removed the tubes have a tendency
to take off rather dramatically.

If you use a zener for bias then you must provide some means of supplying
full cutoff voltage when in standby.

Carl
KM1H