[Amps] FS: Mod to extend Alpha 76 series tube life

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] FS: Mod to extend Alpha 76 series tube life
From: "Bill Tippett" <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 20:02:24 -0500
        This mod by AF6S was originally published in the September 1989
issue of The DX Magazine.  It limits inrush current to the three 8874 tubes
by adding a thermistor, relay and associated parts.  I'm selling the
complete parts kit and instructions for $10 shipped via First Class.  I
never got around to installing the kit and am now converting my 76PA to
3CX800A7s.  I believe this kit works in any Alpha that uses three 8874s,
including the Alpha 78.  PayPal ships immediately...checks after clearing
time.

                                             73,  Bill  W4ZV