Re: [Amps] how to wind an HF broadband 10:1 transformer

To: "'AMPS'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] how to wind an HF broadband 10:1 transformer
From: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 23:51:06 +0100
Manfred, total wire lenghts must have been 6-7m.
I fully agree to all your comments.

Powered iron core baluns are only suitable for tuned circuits, not for
wideband use.
A good example is the 1:4 balun behind a LC tuner to drive an open wire
feeder for multiband use, there ferrit cores will overheat quickly

73
Peter