Re: [Amps] filament tube life, turn on's and time on target

To: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] filament tube life, turn on's and time on target
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 20:03:58 -0500
I have not seen the complete first posting but most power tubes loose emission
before their filaments fail.
If you leave the filaments on continuously they will certainly lose their
emission early on.
I think that Myth Busters had busted the myth having to do with light bulbs and
their filaments are much hotter than
power tube filaments.

73
Bill wa4lav