Re: [Amps] SB220 power supply

To: "Steve Flood" <kk7uv@bresnan.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB220 power supply
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 22:17:05 -0500
Typical HV is 2500 @ 800 ma key down for 1100-1200W out on a stiff 240VAC
line.

They may not care for 48 hours of CW contesting in the SSB position but they
hold up very well otherwise.

I see no reason why four 813's cant be used in GG at the same power level.

Added filter capacity wont do anything for key down readings. It may give a
bit better SSB regulation; I use 330MF CDE 381LX caps as replacements in the
SB-220 as they fit the blocks perfectly.

Carl
KM1H