Re: [Amps] SB-220

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220
From: "Jeff Carter" <amps@hidden-valley.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 21:10:56 -0400
Hi Rick,

Could you give me the name of the article?  My QST collection only
goes back to 1999, but ARRL may have archived the article or I may be
able to find it elsewhere if I could get the name.  I will read it and
everything else on the subject if I can find it.

What I meant by self-oscillation is what they're calling VHF
Parasitics on several different sites.  There are other sites that say
if these parasitics were to occur, they wouldn't necessarily cause the
symptoms and failures blamed on them, and as an amplifier n00b I find
myself a little confused by all the conflicting information.

I thought maybe since this group had "been there-done that" that it
might be the best place to get some clarification, and I appreciate
anything you could tell me from your own experience.

Thanks!

Jeff/KD4RBG