[Amps] MRF317

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] MRF317
From: "John Lyles" <jtml@losalamos.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:03:48 -0700
Jim
The original 1980 Broadcast Electronics model FM30 transmitter used 10 of those
in the 400 watt driver stage. A pair did 100 watts at 100 MHz. If you find
someone still running one of those transmitters, they need em. About 4 years
later we converted the design to using a higher power ST and TRW part, and got
away from the 317s.

73
John
K5PRO