[Amps] mounting a vacuum cap

To: <amps@contesting.com>, <rfamplifiers@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Amps] mounting a vacuum cap
From: "Steve Flood" <kk7uv@bresnan.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 04:41:15 -0600
I am going to use a Jennings vac. cap in my amp project.  It is the type with
the blue 'bell' housing over the 'rotor' end.  My amp cabinet will have a dual
front panel - the inner rf compartment panel will be a few inches beind the
outer panel to allow for meter mounting.  Is it okay to mount the Jennings so
the blue bell is in this 3 inch space (the front mounting ring of the capacitor
would be bolted to the rf compartment front panel).  Or is it best to keep the
entire unit in the rf compartment with only the shaft protruding through the rf
compartment wall.?

Steve KK7UV