Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 64, Issue 24

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 64, Issue 24
From: WarrenWolff@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:36:53 EDT
Greetings,

I know someone on here is an expert.

I have been off the air for a looongg time.

I have an old, but previously functioning, FT-101EE
wrapped  in a plastic bag in my garage.  I would
like to put it on the air with a  temporary vertical.

It seems to me that many years back, I “restored”  my
Johnson T-Bolt by “cooking” the capacitors by starting
off with a power  line voltage of 30 VAC or so, and
daily increasing the voltage level around  10 volts
until I was up to 117 VAC.  I used what we called a
VARIAC;  I guess it is an autotransformer, to adjust
the voltage.  The linear  worked fine after this type
of seasoning.

Is this what I should pursue with my YAESU?   Other
recommendations?

Thanks a bunch in advance, Warren;  W7WY

Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)