Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 64, Issue 29

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 64, Issue 29
From: Mike Saculla <fqm@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:06:04 -0700
This presents an interesting question. When working under the hood of your car,
it is recommended you disconnect the negative lead to the battery for safety.
Why the negative lead? When you disconnect the positive lead, the positive
connection on the battery is still "hot" to the engine, frame, body, etc. of
the car. An accidental short from the positive terminal to the car body is
still bad news. If the negative terminal is opened, then the positive terminal
of the battery is only "hot" to the negative terminal of the battery and not
the body, frame, etc. I'm not saying this is what Larry wants to do, just a
little food for thought.

Mike K6MDS

--Forwarded Message Attachment--From: daclark56@hotmail.comTo: aa7lr@msn.com;
amps@contesting.comDate: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 20:49:26 -0400Subject: Re: [Amps]
where to interrupt powerEither will work, but if it has a neg. ground I would
cut the pos.73KD8Z ----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Ravlin"
<aa7lr@msn.com>To: "amps" <amps@contesting.com>Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008
8:30 PMSubject: [Amps] where to interrupt power  I am going to put a switch
across a 12v auto battery to interrupt power in case of whatever. Should I
break the circuit between the negative terminal and ground or between the
positive terminal and the load? Larry L. Ravlin AA7LR EX KØAEY &
KD7BXRaa7lr@msn.com<mailto:aa7lr@msn.com>Extra class @ 20WPMFISTS #12867