[Amps] Re2: Dentron DTR 2000L Linear

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Re2: Dentron DTR 2000L Linear
From: k9mk@flash.net
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:38:14 +0000
   I have had several DTR2000L's,  and still own one now.  They are good little
desktop amps and the 8877 makes it quite attractive.  On a good 220V source
they make 1500w on 160-40m, a shade less than 1500w on 20-15m, and around 1200w
on 10m.  Fortunately I never had a hardware or tube failure in any of mine.  I
think the design capability is somewhat "undersized" and that helps prevent
"accidents" from occuring.

   That being said, there is room for improvement.  I have read about and seen
a number of "enhancements" that have been made by the Sage's that haunt this
list and elsewhere.

1) Peter Dahl XFMR.
1A) Dialing in the filiment voltage to a spec value (my filiments were over max
V)
2) Re-capping the power supply and better rectifiers.
3) Enhance the cooling on the tube.
4) Add a grid trip circuit and some have added a grid current metering function
to the multimeter.
5) Replaced the output TR with a vaccuum relay.
6) Plate choke and parasitic choke enhancements.

  Have fun with it...

73's  Mike K9MK/5

-------------- Original message from n8de@thepoint.net: --------------