[Amps] Amp Supply LK-500ZB

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Amp Supply LK-500ZB
From: "Jim" <jdunbar28@mchsi.com>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 15:47:01 -0500
I have an AMP Supply LK-500ZB with two brand new 3-500 finals from RF Parts.

The tubes have been burned in with the filiaments operating without any High
Voltage for 24 hours.

I am the original owner of this amplifier, and it has not hardly ever been
used. In all of my moves in the military over the years the original tubes
were lost in shipping.

I had someone look at the amplifier and I was told that there may be a minor
problem with the meters. There are two big meters: One meter is for Plate
Current and the other Meter is for HV and/or grid current.

The only components on the back of each meter are two large diodes back to
back across the Meter studs as well as a single capacitor.

What is the easiest way to trouble shoot potential metering problems on
these kinds of amplifiers?

Everything else seems to be fine in the amplifier as far as appearance.

Again, the amplifier has almost never been used, and I would like to get it
operational again.

This amplifier also came with a heavy duty floor mounted transformer. With
this option, I can disconnect the internal Peter Dahl Transformer in the RF
deck and connect two connectors together which then routes the external
transformer into the circuit. Therefore, I can either use the standard
internal Peter Dahl or the large heavy duty external HV transformer.

Would appreciate and suggestions as to how I can proceed to trouble shoot
the minor problems, as the amplifier has brand new tubes and has very few
hours on the amp itself.

Thanks,

73s,

K4PV