Re: [Amps] New Amps at Dayton

To: "Dennis W0JX" <w0jx@yahoo.com>, "Amplifiers" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] New Amps at Dayton
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 10:23:27 -0400
The new Alpha amp that runs a pair of 4CX1000A's is the 8410.  This amp uses
a 3.6KVA plate transformer.
Also at Dayton Emtron introduced their new DX2B which also uses the
4CX1000A.  They are in the process of introducing the DX3B which will run a
pair of the same tube.  Looks like all the manufacturers of amps are
scrambling to replace the Russian tubes.  The 4CX1000A can be replaced by
the 4CX1500B, which has higher plate dissipation(remember the 30S-1 mod with
the high screen voltage?).

Bob W6TR