[Amps] Command HF2500 Vacuum relays

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Command HF2500 Vacuum relays
From: "Ed Stallman" <ka5ebeeme@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 20:52:08 -0500
fellows, I have replaced the T/R relay in my Command HF2500 with Vacuum
relays ( Gigavac GH1 )  with the 12 volt coils. I have it setup now using a
separate 12 volt supply and adding ground through a foot switch !

It would be great if I could use the internal 12 VDC supply but it's keying
other relay ( 7812 ) so with the other relay plus the 2 vacuum relays, I
don't think the internal supply is a good idea !

Here's what I think needs to be done but need some help and assurance, Don't
want to blow transistors on the control board.... I would like to add SPST
high impedance reed relay to the control board of the Amp, to hold off the
12 volts to the vacuum relay for the 3 minute worm up time and  to switch in
the 12 VDC from my newly added 12 volt supply... I'm thinking as I'm typing
, maybe I could use the 12 volt wire that was on the original T/R relays to
supply coil voltage to the reed relay? would this work ?

I hope I made myself clear?

Ed N5BLZ