Re: [Amps] Alpha 77dx

To: Theo.Bellamy@spirittelecom.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 77dx
From: Colin Lamb <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 11:38:11 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
"Funny how much expense and work folks will endure for 3 db!"

It may not have anything to do with 3 db.  I am restoring a factory 77SX for
myself.  I even have the black panel for it.  I never ever run over 1500 watts
output and toyed with the idea of converting my amp to a single tube DX.  It
would be the only such conversion.  But, I could not get myself to do it.  So,
I will run it with two tubes.

I remember in school a classmate blew the engine of his Porsche Speedster and
offered the car to me for $100, so he could buy something reliable.  I toyed
with the idea of buying it and putting in a VW engine, which I could afford.

The truth is that the black paneled 77SX looks better than most other amps I
own and I do not have to worry about spending more than 10 seconds tuning it
up.

73,  Colin  K7FM