Re: [Amps] 813's shot noise?

To: "jerome schatten" <romers@shaw.ca>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 813's shot noise?
From: "Chuck Lewis" <n4nm@knology.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 22:39:02 -0500
This is a timely question for me, too, since I'm considering making a
modification to my Drake L-7, deriving cutoff bias from a resistor in the
filament side, rather than the existing heat-producing voltage divider in
the P.S. which would be disabled (yes, there'll still be a bleeder). The 120
VDC from the divider is currently also used to develop ALC, but my exciter
is matched nicely to the amp, and I don't anticipate using ALC...therefore,
Jerome's question raises an issue applicable to my planned mod: is there an
unintended consequence associated with this approach to cut-off bias???
Inquiring minds want to know...

Chuck, N4NM