Re: [Amps] Eimac Socket SK-800A

To: <wc6w_amps@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Eimac Socket SK-800A
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 00:11:44 -0400
Yes, there are 4 little contact on each sector and, no, the screen capacitor
is not sealed with goop.  In fact, I cannot see the dielectric between the
screen sectors and the base,  I have asked Eimac to supply me with some
replacement Mylar wafers.  Hopefully they will and maybe even supply me with
some goop, otherwise my search for a good socket continues.  I saw a guy at
Dayton that had one each A & B but I wasn't sure that I was going to proceed
with the 4CX1500B amp  at that time so I didn't buy the B model from him.

Bob