[Amps] Tube suggestion needed - 6 and/or 2M ~500W level with 800-1kv on

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Tube suggestion needed - 6 and/or 2M ~500W level with 800-1kv on plate?
From: david feldman <wb0gaz@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 09:01:13 -0600
I've got old Dentron GLA-1000 sweep tube amp; mulling over what to do with it
as I don't really need for HF. They are a convenient package size for ~500W
class amp, so wondering if there are any tubes worth investigating that would
be workable on 6 and/or 2M but not need extra plate voltage over what the GLA
can do (I think around 900V.) I'm not considering sweep tubes for 6M (with all
due respect to the Drake TR-6 and TC-6) and they're obviously not an option at
all on 2M.  I'd like to avoid reworking the power supply with voltage doubler
and all that... Any suggestions? Very tks, Dave.