Re: [Amps] Silver Strap

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Silver Strap
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 08:46:40 +0100
David Cutter wrote:
>On this list a while ago.  The theory was that in a wide band hf
>amplifier vhf /uhf oscillations/ parasitics are likely and a coil lossy
>at those frequencies helps to degrade their power; whereas a coil of
>high Q at those frequencies will encourage them.  It's got the sound of
>logic.
>
>Don't shoot me down, just put me right.

It's the exact opposite.

This is one of those long and complicated problems where one small error
turns the final answer upside-down - but *two* errors will flip it back
again. Stir in all the problems of technical discussions using a
text-only medium, and you have the perfect recipe for unending arguments

And so the record shows: 1281 messages in the AMPS archives await your
attention...

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek