Re: [Amps] A Grounded Grid biasing question

To: wc6w_amps@yahoo.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] A Grounded Grid biasing question
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 13:08:45 EDT
Marv, I have used this method in several grounded grid tetrode amplifiers
with excellent results. There is an added advantage that a big diode can be
placed from B- (cathode) and ground to snub any big voltages on the cathode
that
might happen during a plate to ground flashover event.

Not only will the diode protect the tube but also the grid and plate
metering circuits.

When you design the grid bias circuit, keep in mind that peak grid  current
will be many times the indicated average current. I have used  smallish zener
diodes connected to a potentiometer and emitter follower circuit  with good
results in this application.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 7/9/2008 11:45:14 A.M. Central Daylight Time,