Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 67, Issue 16

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 67, Issue 16
From: "John Lyles" <jtml@losalamos.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 18:56:13 -0600
Irridite is a chromate conversion finish for aluminum. It isn't for copper or
silver. It does make aluminum surfaces much better at holding their
conductivity over time, instead of creating oxide that is higher resistance. I
have designed commercial cavity amplifiers for FM broadcast using aluminum,
with this coating, and the circuit efficiency was high. Silver was only used on
the coupling loop (a copper part) and the screen and grid connections, plus the
Eimac socket.

John
K5PRO