[Amps] FLdx2000

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] FLdx2000
From: Stephen Atkins <satkins@inetdesign.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 11:18:31 -0600
Hello everyone.  I heard this is the place to go for answers on
amplifiers.  I've been able to put my hands on an old FLdx2000 Yaesu
amplifier.  Reading through the documentation it says it uses an untuned
input.  Which from everything I've read, modern transceivers don't like.
 While searching around on how to maybe build a tuned input for it I
came across LDG's site which has an AT-100AMP.  Its no longer in
production but its basically an AT-100Pro autotuner without the LEDs and
buttons.  The docs for the 100AMP says it was made for use on home brew
amplifiers that don't have a tuned input or need a tuned input.  Can
someone confirm that using my AT-100pro auto tuner will give me the
desired results with this amplifier?

Thank you.
--
Stephen Atkins