Re: [Amps] High-Voltage Electrolytic Capacitors

To: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] High-Voltage Electrolytic Capacitors
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 14:07:30 -0400
How old are those "new" ones Eddy? Knowing you they are 1960's surplus!

Reforming is often only temporary and some significant leakage will
return with use.

Use a low value equalizing resistor; 30-50K @ 10W and place far enough
away so the caps dont get the heat.

Over time do a regular PM and feel the caps for excessive
heating.......after discharged!

Carl
KM1H