Re: [Amps] Amplifier Input Circuit Consultation

To: n1wr@chesapeake.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amplifier Input Circuit Consultation
From: Tim Long <tlong8@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 17:59:34 -0400
Hi Wayne,
Everything that you mention is great except that I don't know why you
are involving the complication of a 2:1 step up transformer.  Just
design each pi network (one for each band) to have an input impedance of
50 ohms and an output impedance of 100 ohms.  Q=2 is just about right.
You're right - using pi networks, you need to switch both the input and
output.  I did this with relays having 6 volt coils and wired each input
relay coil and output relay coil in series.  Works great.  73, Tim, W2UI