Re: [Amps] Heathkit Warrior High Plate Curent

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Heathkit Warrior High Plate Curent
From: "Eddie Bradshaw KJ4R" <kj4r@ftc-i.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 17:31:05 -0500
Thanks to everyone who provided insight into the problem I'm having with my
HA-10.
 However,  the problem is still unresolved.  I have checked everything in the
RF deck
that I can possibly think of to check and I can't find anything wrong.
No shorts, no opens, and all the caps check okay on my cap checker,
or at least they read the correct value.
 I was able to swap out the DC blocking cap with a known good one.
 The band switch checks out.  Both the tune and load caps are okay.
 Several suggestions that I received pointed to an unloaded output circuit,
(bad xmit / rcvr. relay or coax)  but I have good continuity to my 50 ohm
dummy load.  I removed the plate choke
and tested it with an O' scope and RF generator
 to make sure it is okay.
 Lastly I removed 3 of the tubes and
tried to tune up with just one tube at the time.
  I rotated each of the 4 tubes in one at a time
and got the same problem......high
current......no output.  I purchased this amp
 "as is" so I guess it's possible I got
4 bad tubes?  Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks!
Eddie KJ4R