Re: [Amps] Intro and a query - which amp?

To: "Steve Hanlon" <asciibaron@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Intro and a query - which amp?
From: "Dave Weiss" <davidhweiss@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 17:30:26 -0500
*Steve:

I moved from an AL 80B 1KW Ameritron to an AL 1200.  I just put it through
29 hours of operation on HF in CQWWSSB and it never gave me a moments
trouble.  It is forgiving to tuning mistakes and I make them on occasion.
The AL80 B is forgiving too.  I have it for sale on QTH.com.  The AL 1200
will take 130 Watts drive input not that I have it or need it; that would
produce better that 2000 watts out.  I run a Pro III.

Be aware of the need to isolate the output of the rig to the amp keying for
rig protection.

Hope this helps.

Dave K3FT*