[Amps] Henry 2K disassembly

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Henry 2K disassembly
From: Craig Brammer <craigbrammer@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 15:42:20 -0800
Last summer, I asked for help is getting rid of the tobacco smells in
#125, the old shop queen for the navy.  Wendex proved to be the best
solution.  Thanks.
Next problem is to replace tube sockets.  Picked up a pair thru eBay
from China and a couple of Greenstones from Henry.
Removing the rf console was unusual.  Every source said that they
unscrewed from the bottom looking up, in the power supply.  On this
unit, 6 sheet metal screws in the rfconsole, from the top, were the key.
The question: How much disassembly must I do to gain access to the lower
rf unit?  Do I need to take apart the front panel or unhook the control
string linkages?
THANK YOU
AE6AF