Re: [Amps] help with corona discharge

To: <Gary@doctorgary.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] help with corona discharge
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 20:37:21 -0500
The biggest bottles I ever saw were in a surplused Navy shore station
rig at the NAS Olathe K0NAB ham club station.  PP 2000T's with 1500T's
as modulators.

We usually used a 32V1 to drive a modified BC-610 but when the going got
rough for phone patches on 20 or 15M the monster got fired up.

That was some serious power, and it went to 6el Telrex yagis that
survived.

Carl
KM1H
.