[Amps] Glitch resistor

To: "Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Glitch resistor
From: "Bill English" <bill@k4fx.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 07:36:43 -0500
Hi all,

I have a question, I was reading on a web site about TL-922 amps that said
that adding a glitch resistor between the HV sup. and the tubes would add a
slight amount of inductance, in fact enough to remove L2, the smaller choke
inside the tube compartment. I have an old SB-220 with an added glitch
resistor and in looking at the 922 and 220 schematics they are almost
identical in that respect, only the SB220's L2 is an 8.5 uH and the TL-922's
L2 is a 12 uH.

I would like to know if you guys agree and think I should remove L2 in this
SB220? Also what would the added inductance do to the circuit?

Thanks

K4FX