[Amps] Ameritron AL-1200 problem followup

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Ameritron AL-1200 problem followup
From: <k8dio@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 9:50:39 -0600
Gerald, K5SW, hit the nail on the head.  He said to try another output meter.
Since I only have the power meter built into my Kenwood antenna tuner (200
watts) I couldn't crank up the amp to full power.  The bottom line is that with
the tuner reading 200 watts output, the AL-1200 internal meter was reading
around 75 watts!!  Shazbot!!  Who would have thought that this would have been
the problem.  Now I need to figure out what has failed on the ALC/Power Board.

Thanks to everyone who had some great suggestions.

73, Lloyd  K8DIO