Re: [Amps] Fw: rx noise?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fw: rx noise?
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 11:55:04 +0000
The plate voltage fluctuation is from line sag from another amp running the
160m contest.  It may have been modulating the noise a bit, but didn't
appear to be the cause or a direct effect of the noise.  I was also
concerned about the bias switching, but I did lots of tx/rx cycles with no
apparent triggering of the noise, nor did the noise start instantly after
going to rx when it did happen as I would expect shot noise from loss of
cutoff bias would occur, so a bad contact wouldn't seem likely.  I'm still
looking though.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net