Re: [Amps] amp p/s metering

To: wc6w_amps@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] amp p/s metering
From: Roger <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 21:51:19 -0500

Radio WC6W wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>   Welll, if those are also the equalizing R's across the caps, as in the
> '220, then it is not a good idea as the leakage of the capacitors will
> influence the reading.
>
>   Though a clever guy might use that "feature" to monitor the condition of
> his caps! :-)

There yah go. Put a multiplier string in parallel with the bleeder
string.  Using a calibration pot and zero center meter between the
strings. Initially set it to zero. Call that the "condition" meter.
However you might want to short out that meter during start up. Just one
more meter for the panel to make it look complicated. Kinda like the
panel in an airplane.  What do you use all these meters and gages for?
Why to impress people! You don't really expect me to learn what all
those things do, do you? <:-)) Welll...I do pay attention to the basics
like oil pressure and the fuel gages.

73

Roger (K8RI)