Re: [Amps] 3CPX800A7

To: "Roger" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CPX800A7
From: "Paul Hewitt" <wd7s@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 19:57:33 -0800
Hi Rodger
Physically the tubes are not the same.  The (Eimac)CPX version has a taller
ceramic portion allowing a much higher plate voltage, (3500 volts).
Svetlana made this tube with the taller ceramic insulator for both the CPX
and CX versions.  Running the higher plate voltage allows for lower drive
requirements.  K1FO has done extensive work with these tubes over the years.
His findings can be found here,
http://home.cshore.com/lunarlink/opentechical.html
73
Paul