Re: [Amps] 5cx1500 Amp

To: "dhallam@rapidsys.com" <dhallam@rapidsys.com>, AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 5cx1500 Amp
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 22:07:51 -0500
There may also be a slight difference in the center post height in the socket.
If look at the physical drawing on the eimac specs perhaps you can tell.
The suppressor connector is not a bayonet type but simply uses a spring
pressure contact.
It is continuous ring around the base.
The 5CX1500A is spec. for Class C and AB1 while the B is intended for class
C in FM transmitters.
It may have more distortion in linear mode than the A.

73
Bill wa4lav