Re: [Amps] SB-220 Drive Levels -FTFM

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 Drive Levels -FTFM
From: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 08:06:01 -0800 (PST)

If I remember correctly, the manual says drive it to 500 ma.  That is it.  I've
seen guys drive it to 600 ma in SSB mode (higher plate voltage).  As everyone
said here....it really was not designed to be what you want it to be a 1.5 KW
amp.

Now, here is a comment that I think will draw some ire from people....I never
liked the amp because of one factor....it seemed to generate a lot of TVI.
Why?  Dunno.  To many factors....poor TV, poort cable TV, etc....but once I got
a different amp...all that seemed to quit.

Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
Common Sense divine?