Re: [Amps] Alpha 77Dx Filament - No Free Lunch

To: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 77Dx Filament - No Free Lunch
From: "Dan Hearn" <n5ar@air-pipe.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 11:42:05 -0800
Paul, a number of years back I installed a couple of mobile rigs in my car.
The power leads were fused using the screw in type holders used in our radio
gear. I measured the voltage drop in the holder plus fuse and it was not
insignificant. It also varied a bit from time to time. I had some of the
larger fuses (about the size of your little finger with nice screw in
holders. They were much more stable and had lower voltage drop. Sorry that I
don't have any numbers and do not have the fuse types at hand. I do not know
where automotive blade type fuses fall but would check the voltage drop in
the fuse holders to be sure they are stable
  73, Dan, N5AR (77dx owner also)